Saturday, November 15, 2008

Almost there!



I had my pre & postop support group meetings this past Friday & Saturday.

The preop was a little boring but we got to watch a discovery health video of 4 different people before/during/after gastric bypass. *Amy got a little teary-eyed listening & commiserating with the people*




The postop meeting was my absolute favorite! There were at least 40-50 people there and around 15 people were 6 months to 1 year postop and they shared their success' with us. One lady around age 50 said that 4 days after surgery she was COMPLETELY off her diabetic and blood pressure medications!!


I cannot begin to explain how very much I needed to be at the support group meeting. I felt as though I had people around me that understood to a 'T' what I have gone through my whole life.

I only have one more post op meeting to attend and then I can send off my paper work to my insurance company for approval.



Well everyone, I am off to study and head to bed.

I love you all!

1 comment:

Susy said...

Your on your way! I think having a support group is a good thing. My support comes from people like you and my other blogger friends. It sure does help knowing your not alone in your feelings and thoughts.