Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I see the silver lining!




Okay, so after all of the disappointing stuff that has happened since Friday, something good has finally happened!
Mom and I have dedicated ourselves to eating high protein foods, veggies and fruits. *Minus starchy stuff...white foods* Much like my cousin Kelly
Today is day 3 and as much as I have loathed the scale for many months now, I decided to hop on and see where I am starting from. To my utter amazement, I have indeed lost 4 pounds since last I was weighed 2 weeks ago at a doctor's office visit.
Needless to say, I now have more incentive to keep going. Not to mention I have actually been satisfied with the yummy foods I have been able to eat.
I've also started a little exercising in the form of calisthenics and walking.

As far as WLS is concerned, I am still looking for a new primary care physician as my current one is having to close her office. As soon as God provides me with a new and awesome doctor, I will begin to finish what is left to be done for surgery...that is if God still wants me to have it.

Anyhow, I am currently waiting on a yummy protein filled cassarole to finish baking for dinner.
Until next time!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay! I'm so glad I could be a model eater for you and my auntie. I lost 6 pounds in this week 1 of South Beach! On to week 2!

You might want to pick up the book. Not necessarily to do South Beach, but to see some of the explanations behind why higher protein works and also because there are some interesting recipes.

HOA Mgr Lady said...

Isn't your Primary care physican going into a new practice? I am scheduled for surgery on Feb. 9th and through a mix up in their office I was approved for surgery in November and no one told me until January 15!!!! The testing however is good for a total of 6 months and since I started in August they had to hustle to get me ready. (I'M READY)
When I wasn't hearing from the Dr. office regarding the surgery I also thought it might be God's way of saying no surgery... but I think it was more... no just wait a minute. Please follow up with your primary care as she can refer you to her new place or reccommend someone else. GOD wants you to be the best you can be!
Hugs
Rooth