Friday, July 10, 2009

Weigh-In #5 and the doctor's visit



So today was weigh-in #5 and follow up appointment with my doctor. As of today I have lost a total of 19 pounds since December 2008! I know this equals out to about to a little over 2 lbs a month but it's better than going up or staying the same!


My doctor was very pleased with my results and said that I lost 2 extra pounds than the original goal weight she had set for me.


Also I gave her the average of all of my a.m. and p.m. blood sugars (a.m. = 96) (p.m. = 90), she said that I am still considered 'impaired glucose', but that my numbers are better.


Next we talked about the surgery. I informed her that as of next month it will have been a year since I started pursuing GBS, and that next month is also my LAST weigh-in month. My doctor told me she is putting together both a letter of recommendation and a referral to the surgeon's office (even though I've already been established with them since last year).


Tomorrow morning, I will be heading to a neighboring city to take one preop and one postop support group meeting, from 9am-11am. Then on wednesday I take the nutrition class


WOW...it's almost here! Next month is my FINAL weigh-in and then I can make my final appointment and send off the stuff to the insurance company!

I will continue to update, until next time everyone, take care!


glitter-graphics.com

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, it's getting close! Good luck with all of the final steps!