Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weight comes off slowly but quite easy to gain!


Oh my goodness, I'm absolutely ILL!! For the past month, I've been packing and moving things and in 18 days I have eaten terrible, horrible, no good, very bad foods.

It's like I totally threw my 1800 ADA way of eating COMPLETELY out the window. What the crap?! Oh yeah and I've gained around 5-6 lbs!


When I do stupid things, such as eat foods that are nutritionally pieces of crap, I like to reflect on why I have done this. The first thing that comes to mind is not recording my food intake. It's so easy to slack in this area due to 'mis-prioritization'. I fool myself into thinking, "I just don't have time to log my food intake!" WRONG!! I have plenty of time to log my food intake, it's a matter of making it happen. Another thing that comes to mind, as to why I have eaten poorly, is making quick decisions about food thinking, "Oh I'll just let this one slide....it won't hurt me" YEAH....sure....

AND last but not least...emotional eating....it creeps up on me from time to time and although I am much better now than I ever have been at catching this and turning away from it...well...as you can see it still can happen. If the Lord still wants me to have GBS, all of these poor habits must be thrown out the window, never to be seen again. I want to be successful, not this hopeless unhealthy individual. I know deep down that my true, healthy, energetic, non-lazy self is here, and I want to unearth the healthy Amy and not bury her with stupid things such as junk food and poor excuses.

Anyhow, one thing I've learned over this past year is to be accountable for my actions. And my actions over the past 18 days have been lazy and just plain stupid. I am more than ready to start afresh as of right now...not tomorrow...or the next day...NOW!
(Prayers please for strength / energy to do this...as well as the knowledge that I'm worth every bit of effort I put into being healthy)

1 comment:

Susy said...

Hey~ i totally get what your saying. I still feel that way somedays. The emotional stuff does not go away. Wish the dr could of taken the head when he did surgery on the stomach. It's still hard and we all have done it and do it. Your not alone. Yesterday I ate chocolate pudding and shit and I'm up again today. Damn scale. Stay strong, keep your faith and take care of you. :)