Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last weigh-in!




Wow, so today was my final weigh-in at the doctor's office. To my pleasant surprise, the 5-6 lb I gained ended up only being 4 lb. Also to add into the mix, I think my thyroid is acting up again (shocker). It was last July when my thyroid started 'pooping-out'. How do I know you ask? My hair falls out by the handful, my skin gets nastily dry, I feel like sleeping all the time....etc.


I got a TSH and Free T4 drawn today, and hopefully I will get the results back in a day or two.
****UPDATE- and yes, it is official...my TSH is elevated...Again.... what does this mean? It means the doctor will up my synthroid dose to help level out my thyroid hormones again.


ANYHOW....


I officially have my FINAL surgeon's appointment as soon as August 24th! Now all of my requirements for surgery are completed (I hope and pray there is nothing else to do).



-Dietary class (complete)

-Support group meetings (complete)

-EGD (complete)

-Psych eval (complete)

-Gallbladder U/S (complete)

-7 months of weigh-ins (complete)

-Letter of necessity from Dr (complete)

-Letter of necessity from me (complete)

Wow...it's finally coming down to the end !! (YAY!) I pray that the Lord would bless me abundantly, in that all of the needed paperwork/insurance information/requirements are officially finished...oh yeah and that insurance will approve me for surgery.


Now it's time to wait......



Until next time!

3 comments:

Susy said...

you have almost got all your ✖'s crossed. :)

Karon said...

Looks like you're well on your way now. Having all the requirements behind you is such a good feeling. Wishing you luck as the process continues.

Kelly said...

Pretty exciting. I hope everything goes smoothly from here!