Monday, February 1, 2010

Gallbladder

Okay, so as of last Thur (28th) I no longer have a gallbladder. The surgery went well up until the last part called the I.O.C (intraoperative cholangeograph) this is where dye is inserted into the ducts to make sure there are no stones present...the only problem is that the dye never released. So either A.) I have no stones but had some random spasms in my ducts or B.) I have a stone or two and will have to go back to the hospital if I continue to have problems.  Please oh please pray for option A.)  I am tired of the hospital...and surgeries...really REALLY tired. Don't get me wrong..I am thankful for the insurance to be able to do all of this...I'm just tired of 'Recovering'...I just wanna do the normal life thing now. Like I want to work...not be out for work.
It's been 4 days since the surgery and most of the soreness is gone...you know those side stiches you get when you run? Well I feel as though I have one (I think I literally do have a stitch in there) and boy do I feel it everytime I breathe.
Of course...because my body is healing..the weight loss is at a hault for the moment. I'm down 51 lb since Nov 24th. (yay!) Most of my old clothes are huge on me :-) Yay!

Anyhow, that's what's going on here. I shall update more later (with pics)

2 comments:

Teri said...

I'm sorry you had to have your gallbladder removed. I had already had mine removed but my surgeon told me he normally took the gallbladder out during the bypass.

You are doing fantastic on the weight loss! It took me 3 months to lose 50 lbs.

Susy said...

been thinking of you. be well, take care.

hugs sent your way!

Second hand store are great now while your losing so you have something to wear. :)