Sunday, February 14, 2010

Updates

Well, I officially have the 'O.K' to return to work tomorrow! I cannot begin to explain how excited I am! It's pretty darn boring being off work for medical reasons...you can't really go anywhere...and you basically sleep a lot.

What's even better is that I start my new job in surgery tomorrow! (yeah I know...go figure)

As far as eating goes...I've been able to eat more ie: almost a whole egg in 30 min! I do have to admit that I overindulged in carbs last week and because of it I have only lost 1 lb this week. Total weight loss since Nov 24th is 58 lbs! (wooo hooo!)  I am happy to report that my diet the past few days has consisted of:
-tilapia  -eggs  -veggies  -cheese ...PROTEIN!!
In all honesty, I DO feel better when I eat my protein...in fact I find that I have more energy and don't crave carbs as much.

In the vitamin department...I have done lots better. I've been taking my multi vitamin with iron everyday along with B-12 everyother day. My calcium (which I realize is a big thing) I haven't done so well with...BUT that is changing as well. I just purchased Calcium with vitamin D and am taking it 3 times a day (as prescribed).



I go to see a nurse practitioner this week about my thyroid medicine as well as possibly putting me on a different antidepressant. Since my awesome doctor 'M', left the practice...the only other doctor taking patient's doesn't see anyone after 3 pm...and that's when I get off work! SO....I get to start looking for another primary care doctor ....AGAIN.

Anyhow, that's what's going on here. I'm going to be in the process of moving back into my old apartment community within the next 2 weeks so hopefully I will be able to update again soon.

Love you all --and Happy Valentine's Day

glitter-graphics.com

1 comment:

Susy said...

almost 60 pounds... wow...wonderful take care of you amy! Congrats on the weight and the new job. :)