Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update


Alrighty, well as of this week I have officially lost 110 lbs!

As I wrote last week, I did do my two days of exercise and VERY much enjoyed them! One day I did Yoga/Pilates for 25 minutes and the other day I did my Wii fitness for 30+ minutes.
Also have been kicking butt with the low carbs, high protein and low fat eating.


This week has been good, the two times I did indulge this week it has been very small (serving size the size of my thumb) and I very much savored every bite.
As far as my exercising for this week....I haven't done a darn thing...and I will explain why:

Last Wednesday I sprained my ankle, I was on call for work of course. Basically, I was leaving a department store with my boyfriend, wasn't looking at where I was walking....tripped and fell off the sidewalk. I skinned by Rt knee *also ripped a hole in my jeans* and then landed sideways on my left ankle. Let's just say that there was a LOT of pain involved. I waited about an hour, elevated my ankle and my sweet boyfriend put ice on it. After I tried putting weight on it I about fell over again SO...I decided to go to the E.R. for an x-ray.












To my surprise I got in and out of the E.R. rather quickly. The doctor said there was no fracture, just a few pulled/torn ligaments. Sweet boyfriend dropped me off at my apartment then went to pick up my pain/anti-inflammatory medicine.

By the grace of God, I was not called in at all during the night for work....the next day at work was fun...let me tell ya. I got to hobble around the O.R. for 7 hours...not in the best of moods to say the least.
Although my ankle is not hurting like it did last week, it's still pretty sore. Still taking extra strength Tylenol when needed and ACE wrapping my ankle/foot for support.

I DO PROMISE to resume my exercising by at least the middle of next week.

Anyhow, that's all I've got for an update. Will write next week and let you know what's going on!

No comments: