Sunday, November 14, 2010

Eggface recipe saves the day again!!

Okay, have I ever told you how much I love Eggface??
Just when I feel as though I get in a rut with eating bariatric friendly foods, she surprises me again with some awesome and easy to make foods!

My fav right now:

Shelly's Ricotta Bake Cups
















1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese

1 Tablespoon Parmesan, grated

1 Egg Yolk

1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasonings (Oregano, Basil, Garlic Blend)

a few twists of Black Pepper

Mozzarella Cheese, shredded

Large Pepperoni Slices (from deli department, not prepackaged)



Mix all ingredients together (except mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices) till well blended.

Place a pepperoni slice in each hole of a mini muffin tin. Spoon a tablespoon of ricotta mixture into each pepperoni "cup" sprinkle top with a pinch of mozzarella cheese.















Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and remove from tin. Reheat in toaster oven or broiler.

**AMY NOTE** I actually didn't have any large pepperoni slices, so I used thinly sliced turkey breast meat instead and it still rocks!!!

If you haven't visited Eggface's page yet please do!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yum! I bet this would be fantastic with bacon.