Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Cheat meal" = bad idea!!

While at work yesterday, I had the 'genius' idea of having a "cheat meal" for dinner lastnight. I thought to myself, 'I deserve this! I've been so good for weeks and one little meal couldn't hurt, especially since I cannot eat much at one time anyways.' So I was hell bent on having my "cheat meal" lastnight. I thought and thought about what I wanted ...and I just really couldn't figure it out. *this should've been my first clue*
So I went to the store, walked down the 'forbidden aisles'....it was funny because the things I once thought were fabulous...just didn't sound appealing to me anymore.  So after walking around forever, I decided I wanted some potato chips for salty/crunchy, a slice of cake for sweet....then I thought hmmmm I haven't had frosted mini wheats in awhile..that is both sweet AND crunchy!!
So I get home and pour out a few mini wheats and soak them in milk *yes I know...not crunchy for long* so I take one bite...chew thoroughly get it good and mushy and swallow. I kid you not...about one minute later it feels as though my pouch has glass shards in it! I felt as though I just swallowed razor blades! I was doubled over in pain for a good 30 minutes...all for one lousy mushy bite of something that didn't even taste very good.
So after the pain went away...I decided to try a couple potato chips...these DID go down well, only they just didn't taste as good as they use to.
Another 15 minutes later I tried a few bites of cake....and needless to say it was soooo sweet that I flew to the bathroom with good ole'  "dumping syndrome" shortly thereafter.


Basically my "cheat meal" was a joke...I ended up hurting myself over crap food that once held a place in my heart. When it was all said and done, I took some anti nausea medicine, threw all of the junk food away and passed out in bed.


Now this morning I feel as though I have a hangover! I seriously feel like crap!


Lesson learned: cheat meals are really not worth it...especially when you can't really find anything you REALLY want. I will stick to Atkins and be a happy girl.

1 comment:

jeffqu said...

Hi Zamy,

I couldn't find an email address for you on your blog, so I hope that it's okay to be contacting you in this way.

I run a web site called Bariatric Surgery Source (http://www.baritric-surgery-source.com). We absolutely love your blog and would like to invite you to share some of your experiences with our visitors.

As a thank you for your time (and so our visitors know where to learn more from you), we would link to your blog from the right margin all 150+ of our pages.

If you're open to it, please shoot me an email at jeffqu@bariatric-surgery-source.com so I can share more about what we had in mind.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Jeff
Bariatric Surgery Source
http://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com