Friday, February 11, 2011

On fire with exercise!!!

Sorry for the hiatus, work has been VERY busy lately and I've had MANY projects to do as well as the usual day-to-day stuff.


Anyhow...YES, by the grace of God, I have worked out 6 days this week!! *whoo whoo!!*


Mon/Wed/Fri I walked/jogged 2 miles a day and Sun/Tue/Thurs I did resistance band training for upper and lower body as well as ab work.
What's my secret for ACTUALLY being able to do this you ask?  Aside from praying, I set my alarm clock 20 min earlier and I do half of my day's workout as soon as I get up *before I drink my protein shake*.
I can SERIOUSLY tell a difference in my energy level and my physique!!



I'm holding steady at 163 lbs right now...still have 13lbs left to lose but I know they will melt off eventually. I just need to keep on keeping on!!

As usual, Eggface is my bariatric cooking hero!! I cannot tell you how many of her delicious protein shakes I've tried and LOVED!!
My top favorite protein shakes by Eggface :














Shelly's Pecan Pie Protein Shake
1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Pecans
1 teaspoon Imitation Butter Extract (in the extract/seasoning section)
2-3 cubes of Ice

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with a squirt Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and a few more chopped Pecans, optional.

**Zamy's FAV  Eggface shake below!!**





 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Shelly's Tiramisu Protein Smoothie


2 cups Soy Milk (you can use ANY milk)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Kahlua Syrup
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Cheesecake Jello Pudding Mix, dry
1 packet of Instant Coffee Granules (you know those Taster's Choice or Starbuck's Via tubes)
1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
1 cup Ice
Optional topping: Whipped Cream and Sugar Free Chocolate

Add liquids to blender first, then ice, then powders. Blend on high till smooth. Serve with optional squirt of Whipped Cream and dusting of shaved Sugar Free Chocolate.

OMG.....check out the newest protein shake recipes she added this week:

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE COMBAT

Check out Shelley's version of Caramel delites/Samoas!!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

............Until next time!! Take care everyone!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Yum! I need to go invest in some SF Torani syrups!

Good job with the exercise! I'm write there with you. Cousin high five!

zamy said...

Seriously, amazon.com will have sales on s.f. syrups either Torani or DaVinci. Vanilla is a good one to get *as it goes with everything* and maybe a Chai tea and mint *Or whatever seems yummy to you!*

Conrats on your weight loss Kelly! *high five back*

Kelly said...

My local store had SF vanilla, but that was the only one. Before I invest in a bunch of flavors, I want to make sure I like the syrup. So what's your favorite smoothie with the SF vanilla?

zamy said...

here is a link to eggface's smoothies/protein shake recipes.
You can honestly use s.f. vanilla syrup in all of them.
BUT my fav so far are:
-cherrie vanilla smoothie
-peanut butter cup
-pumpkin spice smoothie
-vanilla spice


If the recipe does not call for s.f. syrup use 1 tbsp anyways, it does add a good flavor to the shakes!
Also, you can get all creative and use other flavorings like *instant coffee granules for a mocha shake, or even different spices like cinnamon or fresh herbs like mint*

Enjoy!!

zamy said...

oops I guess you would want the address:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

Kelly said...

Thanks!

PS You should come visit us and we'll make smoothies in Rhode Island together. The summer is super fun here. There's a gorgeous beach we can kayak to. Just sayin'.

zamy said...

If I can get the time off work, that would be fun! *and finances lol*
I'll keep you updated, though!

Have you tried any shakes yet? If so, how are they? What I've noticed makes a HUGE difference in a good protein shake is the protein powder itself.
Love you!