Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back from hiatus

Sorry it's been so long since my last post on here, but I've had a LOT going on lately. Also, I finally saw my new primary care doctor yesterday.
The appointment went well and boy am I blessed with a wonderful doctor! Praise God!
She has already looked at my health history and is ready to support my decision for gastric bypass! We started my weigh in's yesterday. (only 5 more to go)
She is also checking to see what all I have to re-do as far as requirements go for the surgery.
In the mean time, she is happy with me trying to get off as much weight as I can on my own. So far I've been blessed to lose 11 pounds since December!
I told her that if I get below 220, between now and July then I will not have the surgery.

I had some lab work done yesterday a CMP (comprehensive panel) and CBC (complete blood count). Also tomorrow (Friday) I will be doing a glucose tolerance test in which I will have to drink some nasty stuff and have my blood taken 3 times in 3 hours to see how my body reacts to a large dose of suger.

Anyhow, I will keep you all updated on the latest news.

I must get off of here now. I am driving 30-ish minutes to the testing center to take state boards for nursing! wooo hoo!
By the grace of God, next time I post I will be Amy RN!!

2 comments:

Susy said...

:) Good hearing from you! Missed ya.

Karon said...

Glad you have a wonderful primary doc. That's going to make such a huge difference. Good luck with all the testing! And hope you passed the nursing test.