Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting along well

So as of today it's been a week since surgery! By the grace of God, I have been healing nicely.
When I first got home I couldn't do much. My wonderful and loving mother helped me with everything! She has: helped me shower, assist me with potty business, changed my drainage dressing, got my medicine, and has been very comforting (the list goes on) Also my dad has helped immensley with helping me get comfy and much more. THANK GOD for my parents!
So as of today I weigh 276 lb
I'm having difficulty getting in my protein plus I need to increase my fluid intake by about 16 oz.
Guidelines are 1 oz in 15 min then 12 oz water in 2 hours etc to equal 64 oz fluid
Also my nutritionist wants me getting in 99 grams of protein a day! (Try doing all of that with a stomach the size of your thumb!)
Anyhow, I'm improving a little each day. I see the surgeon monday to get my staples and drain taken out (yippee!)

Until next time readers! Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. It's a slow process but well worth every minute good and bad. It's very hard to get that much protein in a day and I wouldn't worry about making it every day right now because eventually that part will get easier. The main thing is taking the vitamins and getting as much protein as you can. It took me a long time to get 64 oz of fluid down too.