Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sorry for the hiatus

Wow, so as of today I am 2 weeks postop! Let me tell you..if anyone tries to tell you that surgery is the easy way out...I'd like to set the record straight and say a hearty HECK NO IT ISN'T!!! In all honesty nursing school and gastric bypass are neck and neck in my book.Both require LOTS of time, lots of hard work. I'm serious when I say that eating is officially a chore to me now! I have to crush 3 pills in the a.m. Take them in juice. Throughout the day take 3 calcium citrate vitamins, 2 multivitamins, 1 B-12 and an iron. Honestly I'm doing good getting one of each vitamin.Oh yeah, can't forget the chewable prilosec (yuck). My pouch is still swollen so I'm having a hard time getting in my daily fluids (mainly protein)
Something I find myself battling with is a crazy desire to chug a large glass of water! I use to love doing that! I accidently took too big of a sip of water lastnight and needless to say...it did not stay down.
I went to the surgeon Monday and got my staples/suture and drain out. Oh how thrilled I am not to lug around a drain tube anymore! The cats were getting a little too friendly with it lol
I think the grand total of weight loss so far is 28 lbs (including the 10 day liquid diet)
Anyhow, I can now officially eat puree food. One food in particular I am craving right now is soggy cheerios in skim milk! (And yes I can have it too!)

Well everyone, that's all I've got for now. I will take pics in 2 weeks for a 1 month follow up.

Love you all so much!

1 comment:

Susy said...

Yeah for new foods. I loved cottage cheese at that stage, eggs, oats, pop cycles...

good luck, take care of you Amy!
Nice loss so far!