Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Road blocks and thankfulness

From March 26th to April 26th....I have lost 5 lbs....this has been somewhat discouraging. Granted I have been working out ie: tennis/strength training. I hate being wrapped up in the "number game". I realize that being healthy is not only measured in pounds lost...but inches lost....increasing energy level...boosted self esteem etc. Finding other ways to measure my WLS success has been vital!  It's so easy to compare myself to others that are also 5 months postop and think, "hey...they've lost 10 lbs more than I have, what is the deal?!" Everyone's body is different...everyone has a different metabolism, different health problems etc.

So instead of saying, "I've only lost 5 lbs in a month", I would like to say.., "WOOO HOOO! I've lost 5lbs in a month!"
It's crazy to think that in just 9 lbs I will officially be back in the 100's! *haven't been there in YEARS*

I appologize for not having pics yet...I WILL get them...I must con someone into taking them soon.

Anyhow, that's all I've got for now. Have a great week everyone!


1 comment:

Susy said...

that's a big ol' bag of sugar you lost... great job! stay postive and keep it up!