Tuesday, October 12, 2010

EGGFACE IS MY RECIPE HERO!!!




Okay, for those of you who do not know, I follow a blogger who happens to be a RNY patient. She has a blog: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO EGGFACE  and it is awesome!  She has a great perspective, positive thoughts and a killer talent for making everyday foods bariatric friendly!
Today I made a recipe of her's for the most delicious apple cinnamon protein muffins! I love these so much that I want to share the recipe. I hope you are willing to try this, you will thank me!!
*also I added chopped pecans to the recipe for extra crunch*

Shelly's Apple Cinnamon Protein Mini Muffins
















1 Egg, beaten

3 Tablespoons Milk

2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup

2 Tablespoons No Sugar Added Apple Butter

1 Tablespoon Canola Oil

3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)

2 Tablespoons Almond Meal (aka Ground Almonds, aka Almond Flour)

1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder

1/2 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice

Pinch salt



Optional topping:

1 teaspoon Xylitol

dash of Apple Pie Spice















Mix egg, milk, syrup, apple butter and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, almond meal, protein powder, pie spice and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Pour into a non stick mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle with optional topping.



Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean. Makes 12.

No comments: