Monday, October 25, 2010

Possible road bump...again...



So the past few weeks I've been having problems with 'heartburn'. I've woken up a couple of nights around 2 a.m. with NASTY heartburn and mild pain around my 'pouch area'.
I take Prilosec OTC once a day, Tums 1000mg as needed *not exceeding 6 a day* drink milk and eat yogurt. By the grace of God, I have not had a problem whatsoever for the past 3 days.
I did, however, schedule an appointment with my RNY surgeon, Dr. 'H' to see what course of action needs to take place.
First of all, I am proud to say that he is VERY happy with my weight loss so far.  116 lbs in 11 months, and still losing 1-2 pounds per week! Now officially 14 lbs away from my first goal of 160 and 29 lbs away from my long term goal of 145 lbs.
Anyhow, Dr. 'H' wants me to have an EGD ASAP to check for ulcers. He said that ulcers postop are common. He also said that if I do have an ulcer that he'll put me on Karafate for 90 days and do another EGD to see if they heal. If I do not have an ulcer he said it may be a hiatal hernia causing my heartburn.
We shall see! 
I've scheduled my EGD for this Friday morning. Please pray that everything goes wonderfully. Dr. 'H' will be doing this EGD.
I am thankful that my awesome boss at work has allowed me to take the day off to do this. Also, I am thankful that my wonderful boyfriend Craig,  will be taking me, as I will not be allowed to drive home after the procedure due to anesthetic still being in my system.

Shew...that's a lot to update! Other than the possible ulcer stuff, all is going well here.

Take care everyone!

No comments: