Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One down...six more to go!

I went to the dietary class that focused on what is to be my eating regimen before / during / after gastric bypass. It was very informative and I enjoyed myself a lot.



Even after the many books / magazines / websites / support groups I've encountered, I still learned a few very valuable things.

There were people of all ages and different walks of life at the class.

The dietitian that presented did a fabulous job of explaining things for us. She provided us with a packet of her power point presentation and visual examples of what types and sizes of foods we will be able to eat after the surgery.

Basically after the surgery, my stomach will be no bigger than my thumb.








I will be put on a clear liquid diet for a week then advance up to a full liquid diet. My servings will be 1 oz, the size of two dice.

Needless to say, I will be stocking up on some protein powder, sugar free jello and skim milk.

As for the rest of my things 'to do' they are as follows:

-Have my doctor write a letter of necessity for the surgery

-Have an EGD done *I will be asking for versed for sure*

-Sleep apnea test

-2 support groups for bariatric surgery

-Write my letter of necessity as to why I need this surgery

-Psych eval


It's really starting to hit me that I will actually be having this surgery! I am soooo very excited

I have my first surgeon visit on the 29th and I am counting down the days!


I need to bring the following with me to my appointment:

-copies of my medical records from my doctor's office

-food and exercise journals

-all of the current medicine I am taking.



I will now leave you all with some before and after pics of two of my blog buddies:




BEFORE AFTER




No comments: