Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update


Monday I have my first surgeon's appointment *YAY!!*

They basically check out my health history, ask me tons of questions, and give me the insurance guidelines for prepping of this surgery. So far I have the following finished:

-Dietary class

-Letter of necessity from me

-Letter of necessity from my Doctor

-A years worth of food /diet / exercise journals


I still need the following:

-EGD

-Sleep apnea test

-Psych eval


Considering I haven't even had my first appointment yet...I'm already ahead of the game!


As I said in earlier posts, I pray that I can have the surgery sometime in late December or January. *prayers that if it is God's will to have this surgery during this time, that it will happen*


I've also joined quite a few support groups online. I've also read a bunch of books showing the good...the bad...and the ugly sides of this surgery.


I am happy to say that I have a pretty good idea of what risks are involved and that I accept them. I look at it this way, I could die in a car wreck anytime...something unavoidable, just as easily as I could die during the surgery *which I hope I do not*

Anyways, I have total peace about everything and I praise God ahead of time for the MANY victories God has in store for me.

1 comment:

Kaye Bailey said...

Zamy - I am wishing you peace and good health in your journey. You are not alone. Bless you.
Kaye