Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The waiting game


The hardest part of this whole journey is the waiting. I know as human beings we want things 'now!!' Instant gratification....well that mindset is what got me in the shape I am now. I pray that God continues to mold me into a patient woman, knowing full well that God will allow things to happen in His time...not mine.


I'm thankful school started back because I was getting very antsy about things surgery related. Insurance approval, doctor appointments, lab tests, psych eval etc.

School has kept me busy for the past 3 weeks and I am thankful for it! As of now I only have 17 days until my appointment at the surgeon's office. I've made a checklist of things to bring with me:

-All of my medicines and vitamins I currently take

-My many food and exercise journals I've kept over the past couple of years

-My gazillion questions I have about the procedure

-The proof of me having a dietary class

-My entire medical record from the last 4 years


I'm sure I've missed a few things, but this is it for the most part.


I was wanting to have the surgery by at least December or January but it seems I might have to wait until February or March.


Anyhow, just wanted to update and let you all know what's going on.

No comments: