Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting a little closer everyday!!


So yesterday was my 'final appointment' with the surgeon. I got to sign the consent forms for surgery, as well as take a True/False quiz about the surgery (in which I got a 100).
As I was talking to the surgeon, he informed me casually that I have a hiatal hernia (Amy was like....."HUH?!")
He said, "last October when you had your EGD, I found that you have a hiatal hernia. I will be able to correct it during the surgery though."
Thank God for that!
After all of the paperwork was finished, I went to my buddy Judy 'aka the insurance lady'. She looked through my large file of paperwork and found that I still have a few more things I need to get before she can send off my papers for insurance approval.

1.) She found a 'boo boo' from my weigh in from February. It basically says that I weighed 100 lbs less than I really did. (glad she caught it) So when I see my doctor next week, I will see about her fixing that.

2.) April, June and July are missing the part that says "Amy is on an 1800 ADA diet and exercising 3 days a week"
3.) My food journal (in which I will be dropping off at their office due to the largeness of it)

Once I have these things taken care of, then they will be able to send off everything for insurance approval!!! (YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!)

Even though I still have more requirements to fulfill, I feel much better about the whole thing. I know God will lead and guide me through every bit of this (as He has the whole time so far).

As for other news, my Hida scan came back and it was completely normal! The gallbladder u/s was also normal, however the side note of 'notably enlarged fatty liver' was there.
Most obese individuals have an enlarged/fatty liver, but it makes sense as to why I feel 'tender' in that area when I ate fatty foods.

Well everyone, thank you for all of your support and wonderful comments. I appreciate each and everyone of you!


Take care and I will update after my next Dr's appointment on Thurs the 10th.

No comments: