Saturday, September 26, 2009

I've grown a sense of humor over the past year...


So yesterday I go to my PCP's office to pick up 'The final paperwork' needed for the surgeon's office to send off to my insurance company. I thought to myself, "Hmmm maybe I could just have them fax my paper work to the surgeon's office...nah...something might happen."

I drove 35 minutes to the neighboring city in which my surgeon's office is located. After a few minutes of waiting, I got to speak with my insurance lady, Judy. Judy informed me that as of that moment I had ALL of the needed requirements to send off my paperwork monday!
Half in disbelief half relieved I said, "Praise Jesus!!"
Even though she told me that I had all of the needed requirements....I still felt uneasy.

Well....on my way home I get a call on my cell phone from the surgeon's office... (enter the 'I knew it was too good to be true' line) Apparently as of last week, yet ANOTHER requirement was added.....yes as of LAST WEEK!!!
It's not a horrible requirement...just annoying. Once a month *starting last Friday* there is a one hour long lecture on the importance of exercise before and after GBS. Although this is a great idea...why couldn't they have added it let's say...next month?!!!

Anyhow, the next class isn't until October 16th from 4p-5p. I was informed that I could call the gentleman teaching the classes and maybe do a one on one class so I can turn in my requirements earlier. Apparently it can take 1-3 weeks for MY insurance to review and accept my paperwork. I've already called the guy teaching the classes and left him a message...but still no word back from him.

I will say this, I HAVE grown a sense of humor during all of this insurance run-around. I'm not angry, like I thought I would be...more annoyed than anything...but I know it will happen in God's time.

Well everyone, I am going to get off of here and go watch a movie on this rainy rainy day.

Take care

1 comment:

Susy said...

Your getting it done! I think the pre op paperwork is one of the worst parts. Wondering, thinking, and more thinking, more wondering...I praying for you Amy!

:) Keep us posted.