Friday, September 11, 2009

Much to update!!



Okay, so I had another appointment with my PCP yesterday. We discussed the following topics:

1.) The error in my medical record concerning my initial weigh-in.
*She looked through my chart and found that it was an error in the dictation, and she corrected it.*
2.) The Lord blessed me to find the UMR requirements for gastric bypass (click here). I printed them up and gave them to my doctor.
*She ended up having copies of the needed paperwork, faxed to the surgeon's office*
3.) Told her about all of the crazy/mad heartburn and vomiting I've had lately
*She ended up diagnosing me with GERD...(shocker lol) She told me to continue taking my Prilosec (which has been helping I might add).
So all in all, it was a great visit. I still need to lose 3 lbs before I see her next month.

Today, I dropped off a rather large stack of papers (my journal) to the surgeon's office. When I mean it was big...I mean...it was BIG. Like from Feb 25th-Sept 10th....yeah....lots of paper.
Judy, the awesome insurance lady, informed me that as soon as they receive my paperwok from the PCP's office as well as the printed dictation of my final consult....THEN they can send off my paperwork to the insurance company.
It's so nice to know that I'm still getting a little closer each day. I'm thankful that this is all in God's hands...Lord knows I could not handle ANY of this on my own.

Anyhow, I shall be bugging the surgeon's office next week to make sure my paperwork was received and no further requirements are needed.
I will update next post with the results!

1 comment:

Susy said...

Get R done!

Take care of you my friend. Your doing great!

:)