Saturday, December 27, 2008

Things I look forward to...

Okay, so as of tomorrow *as opposed to starting Jan 1st* I am cutting out the sweets. I figure I might as well get use to the way I will be eating after surgery.
I can't really explain it, but I'm just ready to get on with life again.
I started walking again, only did a few days this week but it's a start.

I really have a lot of things I look forward to doing again such as:

-Sitting down in a chair *or anywhere* and not take up the whole space in the seat.
-Being able to bend over and tie my shoes without being out of breath
-Wearing my smaller clothes *sizes under 24*
-Going out in public without being embarrassed
-Working a 12 hour shift and my feet not feel as though they will fall off
-Sitting on the floor and getting up without a fight between my midsection and gravity
-Buckling my seat belt and it not being tight
-Walking a mile without stopping for a breather

These are just a few things I look forward to...also they are reasons I want to start this right away. I have not been living...I've been getting by...and I'm tired of just getting by. I want a life again and I am ready to start claiming it back!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Amy--I really admire your perspective on life--so few of us are aware enough to know when we are 'just getting by.' I'm so impressed with you and I KNOW that you will be able to achieve so many great things in the coming months and years! I love you!!!

zamy said...

Thank you Lucy...I SOOO needed to read your comment!
I love you too!

Susy said...

Here's to a better you. Cheers to 2009. I also admire your truthfulness and honesty. A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body.

:)

Kelly said...

Sounds like you and I had similar epiphanies earlier this week. Yesterday morning I was fed up and decided not to wait until January 1 to start taking care of myself again.