Saturday, December 6, 2008

Updates



I still need to attend my last support group meeting next saturday and then the surgeon's office will send off my paperwork to the insurance company.

I'm trying to get as prepared for this surgery as I possibly can. I'm putting together a kit of things I will need while in the hospital.

My kit contains: chapstick; because my lips will be dry after having been intubated during the procedure, a pillow from home; to hold against my stomach when I cough and get out of bed to ambulate, books / magazines just incase I am awake and bored; bath robe to cover up my 'ass-ets' while ambulating in the halls and non-slip house shoes.


I've been making a little time each day to do some type of exercise. I've been using the resistance bands for toning up my muscles wherever I go. I'm also stretching my muscles to get more and more flexible as well as walking around the house and on the treadmill.

By the grace of God, I've stopped smoking completely.

I haven't had a cigarette in over a month and I feel a lot better.
Dealing with stress differently is something I am working on as well. Praying, listening to music and journaling are some of the ways in which I am channeling my energy from stress rather than smoking or eating.
I'm not successful everyday but I keep trying everyday.


Hope everyone is doing great!

2 comments:

Susy said...

testing 1 2 3...

:)

Susy said...

K it works! what are people thinking... i've just desided Amy- MEAN PEOPLE SUCK! It's time to take care of you. And I just wanted to say great job getting rid of the cigs. I know thats a hard one and your giving them up. Nice work. I'll be pray for you as that paperwork goes to the insurance. I had to be a self pay as my health insurance would not touch it. But even with the debt I dont care, I have my life now. BROKE BUT happy! :)

Have a great week!