Monday, December 1, 2008

Hmmmmm...



Wow...I think I have some loved ones in denial of my surgery.
After telling them numerous times that I plan on having GB surgery, not to mention blogging on here *and emailing them new posts* they STILL don't get it.
No joke, one of my family members sent me a new fad diet book in the mail last week.

I got a phone call from them on T-giving day from them asking, "hey, did you get the diet book we sent?" Amy said, "ummm yeah...but why did you send it?" "well, we knew you were tossing around the idea of surgery and wanted to make sure you had tried ALL other options." Amy said, "I appreciate the thought, but I've told you before that I am going through with the surgery."
***Long uncomfortable pause on the phone***

I've read in my GB books that this is a normal thing for family members to do when they are scared or unsure about the procedure. I know my select few family members mean well, but what else can I do to convince them that I'm ACTUALLY doing this?!!?

I'll continue praying for peace for them, but that's about all I can do.

Anyhow, on a lighter note, I just joined a local WLS group on yahoo and it is fabulous!
I've found great websites for protein shakes, vitamins etc on it, not to mention awesome before and after pictures from some of the members. There is something reassuring about meeting and seeing people you live near that have gad the surgery and great results.

1 comment:

Amber said...

What you typed is why I chose not to tell any of them (other than husband/mom/dad) until 3 days before surgery. Nobody had time to give opinions or advice or suggestions. Just remember you're doing this for you and they can think what they want. Just go with the flow and remember that prize at the finish line, not that the finish line ever comes, seeing how we're all dealing with something that will be life-long!