Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Got my packet in the mail yesterday

So yesterday was a little crazy, thus why I am just now updating.

Anyhow, so I finally received my WLS packet from the surgeon's office. The packet contains the following:

-Prescription for Emend (must take pill 48 hours before surgery) supposedly taking this one pill will keep me from being nauseated for 48 hours.


-Orders for pre-admit which will be next Tuesday, Nov 10th.
EKG & Chest X-ray *to make sure my heart and lungs are okay*


Labs (like around 8 or 9 different labs) *test blood levels for iron/calcium etc*

-Instructions for the 10 day (not 11 day) preop diet (Full liquid diet) **see post below**

-Instructions for the bowel prep the day before surgery
(let's just say that Miralax, Dulcolax and Mag Citrate will be my dearest friends for the whole day.....as well as the toilet)


**SURGERY COUNT DOWN: 2 -Weeks and 5 -Days!!***

Also, I received some crappy news that my awesome primary care doctor has left her group....so now I get to look for another doctor...AGAIN. Sheesh...2 doctors in one year...that's too much. I will miss Dr M so very much.
Although I enjoyed seeing the nurse practitioner *back when I thought I was having gallbladder attack*, the problem is that my insurance does not cover her for a care provider. (prayers please that I find a new and awesome doctor)

Anyhow, I must stay awake for a few more hours...working 4 nights in a row starting this evening.

1 comment:

Susy said...

:) I am so happy for you. Lets watch you shrink now! Yahoo!