Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am now pre-admitted!


This morning I arrived at the hospital for my pre-admission tests around 8-ish. Let's see....first I had to give a urine sample *which was hard after being NPO after midnight* but thank God I still had some in me lol
Then I had ELEVEN vials of blood taken *yes...eleven*and a nasal swab. BTW the girl that took my blood did fabulously! Not even a bruise on my hand!
Next I had an EKG, which was all happy and normal. I then had a chest x-ray.
Last but not least, I saw the pre-admission nurse. We talked about my medical history, the many medicines I take and what to expect the morning of surgery. I also signed a few papers for emergency contact info etc.
I must say that God truly blessed me with some awesome Christian 'kindred spirits' to talk with today at the hospital. I just love how God puts people in your path that share the same love and awe for Him.

Surgery Countdown: 2 WEEKS!!

No comments: