Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Preop diet day # 5

So far on this preop diet I've lost a total of 7 lbs! *no doubt due to the very small amount of calories I've been taking in the past 5 days*
On the nights I work, I make a protein shake with skim milk before I go to work. I pack with me 2-snack size low fat cottage cheese, 1-sugar free jello (lime/orange), 1-low fat yogurt, 1-sugar free jello pudding and some type of broth. As far as fluids are concerned, I've been drinking unsweetened tea, water and coffee with skim milk and a splenda.
The first few days were rough, I mean...I had a bad headache, random muscles were twitching all over my body...not to mention fatigue.
As of right now, however, I feel great! I've been researching some different protein shake recipes and have found a bunch of delicious recipes! Over the past few months, I've been stocking up on different sugar free syrups, protein powders and just recently purchased some chewable vitamins specifically for post bariatric surgery. (calcium citrate, B-12, Multi vitamin etc)






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Also, I'm going to try a ready made protein shake:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm trying the assorted pack which consists of: Soothing Chai, Italian Cappuccino and Mocha Latte.
 
SURGERY COUNTDOWN: 1-WEEK!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yep, that definitely sounds like sugar withdrawal. I've gone through the same thing when I stop eating sugar. Last week, actually. I detoxed from all the Halloween stuff. Now I'm not eating it most days and I feel fine, but those first couple of days were rough. It's scary how addictive sugar really is.

Susy said...

Gobble, gobble! :) New life here you come...