Monday, November 23, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!!



So the grand total of weight lost on the preop diet was 9 lbs!! (yippee!)
Around 12 pm today i must start my bowel prep which consists of the following:
-1 bottle Mag citrate
-4 dulcolax with 8 oz water
-1 bottle of Miralax in 32 oz of gatorade
-Another bottle Mag citrate *if poo isn't clear*
**No red/purple/blue jello/gatorade**

Of course it's clear liquids until midnight, then NPO. I'm thinking I'll set my alarm for 3 am so I can hop in the shower (using my dial soap bodywash as instructed by surgery)
Have to check in at 5 am, I think surgery is around 7 or 8 am.
Wow...I still need to pack my bag...lol  I'm trying not to get overwhelmed...b/c let's face it....this is major surgery and nothing I've experienced before. I guess the unknown is always a little scary.
Anyhow, I thank you for all of the support over the past year. This is been a long journey to this point...but now it's time for the next chapter.
Please keep me in your prayers and I will definitely update as soon as I can get to a computer.

Oh yeah, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking about you and praying everything goes smoothly. I put a little present in the mail for you today so keep your eye out. Love you!

zamy said...

awww thank you, Kelly. i love you very much

Susy said...

thankful for you too Amy! Thought of you all day yesterday.

gobble gobble and take care. looking forward to hearing from you.

heres to the healthy you and a great 2010. CHEERS!